SUBSCRIBING TO AND USING THE MELUS-L MAILING LIST
FROM TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY
- Send subscription request to: SSouris@twu.edu
- Type in the SUBJECT line: subscribe MELUS-L <email address> <firstname lastname>
- Here is a sample subject line format using the moderator as an example:
subscribe MELUS-L SSouris@twu.edu Stephen Souris
- Please do not include anything in the message space (although signature files are OK)
- Remember not to type the carrot signs (< >)
Use same instructions for subscribing but insert the word <unsubscribe> in place of <subscribe>
TO POST TO THE LIST AFTER SUBSCRIBING
- Send postings to: SSouris@twu.edu
- Put <MELUS-L:> at the beginning of the subject line followed by a precise and succinct description of message content. Do not count on the list moderator to craft your subject line for you. (We used to require <ML:> at the beginning of the subject line but are now requiring <MELUS-L:> for the sake of clarity and ease of filtering.)
- Attachments are acceptable but please also include some version of your attachment/message in the e-mail message space as well.
- Note: Anyone (including nonsubscribers) may submit material to be considered for the list by sending a message to SSouris@twu.edu with <MELUS-L:> at the beginning of the subject line, but only subscribers will get a copy of list activity.
TO REPLY TO SOMEONE ELSE’S POSTING
- To communicate only with the person who submitted the post: Do not click “reply.” Instead, forward the message to the person who submitted the post using the e-mail address of that person provided within the post. Change the subject line if appropriate to reflect the content of your message.
- To respond to a post and have it go to the entire list (after it is reviewed): Click “reply.”
MISCELLANEOUS NOTES ON THIS MAILING LIST
- MELUS-L is a moderated list. Submissions that are not relevant to MELUS will not be posted.
- Including <MELUS-L:> at the beginning of the subject line of postings to the list is important. Submissions without <MELUS-L:> may not be processed.
- Remember: Carrots (< >) in these instructions are not to be typed.
Dr. Stephen Souris
Professor of English
Texas Woman’s University
PO Box 425829
Denton, Texas 76204-5829